Writing sales page copy is the struggle of many entrepreneurs.
Knowing what to write, how to structure it, how to persuade authentically and do it all without feeling like a dated and badly formulated American TV advertisement is where the struggles at.
How to write authentic Sales page copy
The first thing to remember is that you can write sales copy in many different formats, not just on a sales page on your website.
You can also use emails, social media posts and even on call to actions in blogs.
Many savvy entrepreneurs who want to position themselves away from the pushy types worry about doing exactly that - pushing people into buying their things.
To get over this fear we need to do a bit of reframing in order become an authentic but strong sales person. Because at the end of the day, if we are in business, we have to be sales people.
The Sales reframe
My amazing Sales Coach, Jessica Lorimer, helped me out with feeling better about sales a few years ago. She said to me... 'if a car was hurtling towards someone would you stay quiet or would you shout out to them?' The obvious and right answer is 'of course I'd shout!', and so she replied with 'so, if you know you have something of utter value that's going to stop or help someone from getting into a metaphorical car crash, why wouldn't tell them?'
This moment of realisation that actually I'm helping not selling was the moment I stopped shying away and started to own my value.
If you have something that will serve the world and help others achieve things that up until now has been a struggle or a dream then why not serve the world and shout it from the roof tops?
Writing authentic copy just means coming from a place of service, owning your expertise and value and knowing that in order to help people make the best decision for them, we have to give them the best information to help them make that decision.
Besides, we all know going to the gym will benefit us, but for some people committing to go is a problem. I know I didn't fully commit until I signed the 12 month contract and hired a Weight Loss Coach! How did I move from stalling to taking action? Here's the rundown...
Move Your Ideal Client into action taking
- I was future paced and shown the benefits that I truly wanted if I took the action... (A slimmer body, feeling sexier and confident)
- I was reminded of what will happen if I don't action... (best case scenario - I stay as I am, unhappy and annoyed at myself for not doing something about it, worst case scenario - I end up a lot heavier than I already am and even more unhappy that I'm not only not doing anything about it, I'm sinking further into behaviours causing my unhappiness.)
- Just by being shown the above I was ready to make a change in my life with or without someone elses help (thank you amazing Weight Loss Coach, Niki Campbell, for showing me the light), BUT I wanted to make this journey as easy as I could and so I was really hoping by this point she was going to give me a solution to my struggle of trying and failing by myself in the past.
- And then she did, she offered me something that gave me HOPE! Hope and belief that I could make a change and stop the behavioural patterns that were causing my problem and create new healthier habits that would see me become that slim, sexy and confident woman.
People can choose not to
What we sometimes forget is that people have the opportunity to say NO or indeed not take action.
But even just reading your words could create a mind shift strong enough to create change in their life. You are impacting many more people than you realise through your sales copy.
You don't have to be pushy, you just have to be openly honest.
Impacting change through your sales page copy is awesome of course, but we're also here to sell our stuff. And we know that when people buy our stuff, they are going to get an even bigger transformation from the commitment and accountability, and the information/wisdom/knowledge that they gain through working with you/buying one of your products.
Get Ready to UpLevel Your Sales Page Copy Skills & Sell Authentically Like a Boss
So, if you're ready to learn the art of honest and ethical persuasion to help more people reach the goals they want to achieve and learn simple professional copywriting skills that you can call upon any time you want to write a sales page, sales email or sales post...
Then I have something just for you...
In this 1-hour crash course in writing copy that converts for sales pages you'll...
- Learn professional copywriting skills that compel your prospect to take direct action and buy!
- Create compelling sales pages, sales emails and social media posts that convert followers into buyers who are making a positive decision for themselves.
- Gain a sales page structure that you can use time and time again for all your sales copy needs, so that you'll never walk in the dark and waste time pouring over and second guessing your copy.
- Learn how to write the copy that will truly speak to your ideal client, because let's face it, the sales copy will only ever work if you have a good value proposition.
- Get access to the masterclass slides so you can print out and keep your favourite prompts and infographics from the training.
You can grab this incredible masterclass for just $87 (Valued at $250)